First Clock Build

Jeff Grant

Jul 8, 2016, 4:49:38 PM7/8/16
to neonixie-l

I have always been a fan of the incredible craftsmanship and technical abilities of nixie clock makers.

Here is my first attempt at putting a clock together.  I used the Kosbo.com clock for its slim design. I tried to keep the case simple to show off the beauty of the tubes but didn't want to do a rectangular box but I did want to cover up the circuitry.  I used a 2 inch brass tube with milled holes for the tubes.  I like how the curvature of the holes reveals the circuit board and the connectors just enough to give a hint of the guts of the system. I mounted the brass tube on a red oak platform (for now).  I am going to make some brass legs/feet and may plug the ends of the tube at some point.

Thanks,

Nicholas Stock

Jul 10, 2016, 12:53:41 AM7/10/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Nicely done Jeff! That looks really professional. Did you consider two smaller brass tubes under the main body for feet? Just a thought...

Cheers.

Nick

Roddy Scott

Jul 13, 2016, 6:16:04 AM7/13/16
to neonixie-l
Great looking design!

Very elegant and modern looking. My two favourite materials - Brass and Wood.