NEON: The Charged Line...

Nick

Sep 4, 2016, 4:42:37 AM9/4/16
to neonixie-l
Fantastic exhibition of neon art from the 1930s onwards at Blackpool's Grundy Gallery from 1st September to 7th January 2017. Quite a few of these pieces were also in the "Lumiere" show in London in January this year (which I also mentioned on this forum - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/neonixie-l/ky8ikP1iMUk/GM9LBCD7BwAJ).

Artists:
Fiona Banner, David Batchelor, Noel Clueit, Martin Creed, Shezad Dawood, Tracey Emin, Tim Etchells, Cerith Wyn Evans, Graham Fagen, Ron Haselden, Robert Irwin, Joseph Kosuth, Bertrand Lavier, François Morellet, Paulina Olowska, Joe Fletcher Orr, Eddie Peake, Mai-Thu Perret, Prem Sahib, Keith Sonnier, Evren Tekinoktay, Gavin Turk

NEON: The Charged Line will be a major new survey exhibition exploring how artists have worked with neon, from the 1960s to the present day. The exhibition will encompass a wide range of ways in which artists have experimented with light designed to be seen rather than illuminate; whether through text and language, the drawn line or an investigation into its physical and sculptural qualities.

Coinciding with the famous 'Illuminations', we will also be displaying rarely seen 1930s designs highlighting Blackpool's pioneering role in the history of neon in the UK.

Nick