SC100 scope clock

electrofish

Jul 1, 2015, 3:02:17 PM7/1/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I know this is an old clock kit but I have one and I would like to finish it.
I know there are others around but I like the older stuff.

I have managed to break one of the variable inductors L1.
Does anybody out there have a an unmade kit/knackered kit which is good and would like to part with it?

I would also like one of the original cases if someone has one and likewise would like to part with it.
The creator of the kit has no cases left.

I'm based in the UK but postage/shipping etc shouldn't be a problem
Thanks in anticipation of a response

Regards
John Sturgeon
(Full name given as I know there is a John S on the group)

John Rehwinkel

Jul 1, 2015, 7:35:10 PM7/1/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
> I know this is an old clock kit but I have one and I would like to finish it.
> I know there are others around but I like the older stuff.
>
> I have managed to break one of the variable inductors L1.
> Does anybody out there have a an unmade kit/knackered kit which is good and would like to part with it?

Hopefully that won't be necessary. That's David Forbes' design, so hopefully he'll tell you where he got the part
originally, or the part number so you can source it yourself from a UK vendor.

It's an 8.2mH adjustable inductor, according to the parts list.

My best guess is that's a Toko 126ANS-T1105Z.

- John Rehwinkel

David Forbes

Jul 1, 2015, 8:09:40 PM7/1/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I might have a few of those coils in a box in my storage room. I'll take a look.

David Forbes

Jul 2, 2015, 1:41:20 PM7/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have a little box full of those exact coils. Yay!
--
David Forbes, Tucson AZ

Donald Stramock

Jul 2, 2015, 1:51:09 PM7/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
David,
I could use one too!

Sent from my iPad

David Forbes

Jul 2, 2015, 2:22:16 PM7/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
If anyone else needs this coil to fix their clocks, I might have the
free world's entire remaining supply. And they're fully depreciated and
amortized.

Send me a private email with your mailing address. I can send them at no
charge in a padded envelope, which is also fully amortized.

On 7/2/15 10:51 AM, Donald Stramock wrote:
> David,
> I could use one too!
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jul 2, 2015, at 1:41 PM, David Forbes <dfo...@dakotacom.net> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I have a little box full of those exact coils. Yay!

>>> My best guess is that's a Toko 126ANS-T1105Z.

John Sturgeon

Jul 2, 2015, 2:59:46 PM7/2/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
David

that's good news.  The ones from the kit are numbered 9478 T1104.

The T1105Z are I believe 8.2 mH.  So now I show my ignorance : ) what difference does a few mHs make?

For info I found a .pdf from digikey

http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Toko%20PDFs/7PA,%207PLA%20%28Variable%20Coils%29.pdf

Are the ones you have 1104?  If so if you would like to PM me we can sort out price and payment etc.

Very much appreciated

Regards
John

David Forbes

Jul 3, 2015, 2:20:17 PM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
John,

The board you have is the very first SC100 rev A, which had slightly
different component values.

If the only thing broken on the inductor is the top ferrite screw cap,
then you should be able to swap it form the coils I have. If not, you'll
have to change it out. I can supply matching 50 Hz capacitors. They are
.018 uF, as I recall. They are a special PPS formulation for temperature
stability. They are also no longer sold.

John Sturgeon

Jul 3, 2015, 5:04:07 PM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
David
Thank you. It's greatly appreciated.
I shall try the core first and then if that doesn't work I will swap out both.
Can you pm me when sent and the cost please
Regards
John

Sent from my iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/5596D25F.5040805%40dakotacom.net.

Grahame

Aug 12, 2016, 7:22:15 AM8/12/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

I did PM you recently but no reply :-( I realise that it might have gone
into your spam box or that your are just very busy but I thought I would
check here first.

I'd like two of the SC100 inductors please as I have John Sturgeon's
SC100 for repair in the workshop at the moment.

My apologies to the group for this specific email.

Cheers Grahame

Donald Stramock

Aug 12, 2016, 7:29:47 AM8/12/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com