1N12 question..

Kerry Borgne

Apr 6, 2015, 8:11:49 AM4/6/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As I previously posted, I built the Nixie clock from Tubeclock.com. It uses 1N12 nixies that have the upside down 2 for the numeral ''5'. Are there any versions of the 1N12 that do NOT have the upside down 2 for 5? I have discovered that I'm not particularly fond of that....I'm probably the only person that has an issue with it!

Thanks,

Kerry

Forfanatic Tsai

Apr 6, 2015, 9:17:02 AM4/6/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Here is some datasheet for IN-12 from Dieter's site:

The IN-12 is built with an upside down 2 for 5 :)

Kerry Borgne於 2015年4月6日星期一 UTC+8下午8時11分49秒寫道:

Michael Seaton

Apr 6, 2015, 7:19:49 PM4/6/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Check out other countries' tubes, if you don't like the upside down 2 in IN12's.

The digits are a bit smaller (15.5 mm vs 18), but look nice and may last longer.   Many have the same pinouts.

Chaos Hydra

Apr 19, 2015, 2:14:15 PM4/19/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
IN-12a and IN-12b both have upside down 2 and 5s, the only difference is the digit dots on them. They are Russians, aimed for efficiency, so no.