FS: Shameless Plug - NEW Nixie Thermometer Kit

threeneurons

Oct 26, 2016, 7:57:58 PM10/26/16
to neonixie-l
Just finished my new nixie thermometer kit. Its almost the same, as the one-off unit, I made a while back. Main difference, other than the PCB, is that it uses the LM35 instead of the LM34 temp sensor. The LM35 outputs 10mV per degree Celsius. But the kit can display in either Fahrenheit or Celsius, by a simple jumper selection. Pretty good trick, since the kit does not use microcontroller (no programmable parts).

It also includes 2 NOS/NIB ZM1000 nixie tubes. At least for the initial run. Later versions will be made to accommodate, more common Russian tubes, which will NOT be included.

And these truly are NOS/NIB (New Old Stock / New in Box). An Amperex box, and branded tubes. Amperex was a Philips company, and these "virgin" ZM1000s were made in the Netherlands.

Dylan Distasio

Oct 26, 2016, 10:31:27 PM10/26/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Sold!

threeneurons

Oct 27, 2016, 1:52:16 AM10/27/16
to neonixie-l
On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 4:57:58 PM UTC-7, threeneurons wrote:

Just a note. I noticed some that bought this kit, did not buy a HV Supply kit along with it. This kit does not make its own 170V, so a supply like my NK01A kit is needed. You can use someone elses supply, or make their own.

threeneurons

Dec 2, 2016, 5:07:31 PM12/2/16
to neonixie-l
Now two versions. The NT2Z which comes with the ZM1000 nixie tubes

and the new NT2R version, which is sold with no tubes, but made to accommodate the Russian IN-14:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152341485181

Will also fit Russian IN-8-2, and Hivac XN11 tubes.

Tom Nolan

Dec 2, 2016, 11:57:28 PM12/2/16
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Just wanted to say how much I like the kit.  It works well - I just made it as in the original instructions, but may use the modifications for showing C&deg better.  The ZM1000 tubes are a very nice tube.

Get the power supply - its only a few bucks and it is designed for this circuit.  I nearly skipped it because I have some laying around but was glad I went for it.

Much more interesting design than a micro.

Thanks,

Tom

threeneurons

Dec 3, 2016, 5:49:01 PM12/3/16
to neonixie-l

On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 8:57:28 PM UTC-8, OrangeGlow wrote:

Just wanted to say how much I like the kit.  It works well - I just made it as in the original instructions, but may use the modifications for showing C&deg better.  The ZM1000 tubes are a very nice tube.

Get the power supply - its only a few bucks and it is designed for this circuit.  I nearly skipped it because I have some laying around but was glad I went for it.

Much more interesting design than a micro.

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you for the kind words.

Microcontrollers are all the rage, especially with things like the Arduino. In "real" products, they are just a fact of life. But these thermometers are hobby toys, and you really want to see what's going on, instead of a bunch of wires going into, and out of, a little "magic" black box.