New Nixie tubes online: Z563M2 and Z5630M2

jb-electronics

Oct 16, 2018, 5:26:22 PM10/16/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Hello Nixie friends,

after what feels like eons there are finally two new Nixie tubes in my online collection:

The Z563M2 as well as the Z5630M2, two super-rare special symbol Nixie tubes made in the GDR around 1974 for a special purpose elevator display.

The reason that there hasn't been any updates in such a long time is quite simple: no time. I am still collecting Nixie tubes, and at this point there are almost hundreds of Nixie tubes that I still need to take pictures of. I very much hope to start uploading photos on a more regular basis again. I also tried to improve the picture quality of the presentation a bit, and if you click on the images there will be a high-res version from now on. Constructive criticism on the photogaphy is highly appreciated!

Also, does anyone have more information on these tubes? I could not find a datasheet or any mention of these tubes anywhere.

Best wishes
Jens

jb-electronics

Nov 18, 2018, 2:41:33 AM11/18/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nixie friends,

I have three new Nixie tubes online:

Best wishes
Jens

Jon

Nov 18, 2018, 4:42:32 AM11/18/18
to neonixie-l
Thanks for sharing Jens - lovely photos!

Jon.

jb-electronics

Dec 14, 2018, 10:29:53 PM12/14/18
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

I had some time again and took some more Nixie tube pictures:
I also wrote an article on how I photograph Nixie tubes, if you have any suggestions how I can improve my technique, please do let me know:

If anybody has material on National Union or their inditrons, wants to share photos, trade or sell National Union inditron tubes or special symbol tubes, please contact me! :)

Best wishes
Jens

Paul Andrews

Dec 15, 2018, 8:03:50 AM12/15/18
to neonixie-l
That Inditron is very interesting, even more so because if your analysis of the current state it is in.

Paul Andrews

Dec 15, 2018, 8:15:02 AM12/15/18
to neonixie-l
In fact they are all quite fascinating. Congratulations.
Message has been deleted