NL 7094

David Weiner

Jan 22, 2017, 3:28:35 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Could Dalibor Farný try his hand at the giant round NL7094 over 3 inches around ,all this tube talk made me take one out of the box and look it over"oh yeah that's the stuff"
Below B 7971,Z568M,NL 8091,NL7094

IMG_0670.JPG

Nicholas Stock

Jan 22, 2017, 3:35:19 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ah ha! Another 7094 in the wild.....I need 5 more! ;)

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM, 'David Weiner' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Could Dalibor Farný try his hand at the giant round NL7094  over 3 inches around ,all this tube talk made me take one out of the box and look it over"oh yeah that's the stuff"
Below B 7971,Z568M,NL 8091,NL7094

Sent from my iPhone

jb-electronics

Jan 22, 2017, 3:45:25 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
There you go ;) Cheers Jens
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/CAOX%2BRH%2BeO8reKLZehsCSkFgjsCWPx5bvgJwwiTU3a5AfDc7txQ%40mail.gmail.com.
CIMG8008.JPG

Nicholas Stock

Jan 22, 2017, 3:47:37 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Now that's just mean....:-)

Sent from my iPhone

<CIMG8008.JPG>

jb-electronics

Jan 22, 2017, 3:54:32 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Well not really, I had to give up five of them. They are in a clock somewhere now, I traded them for some other tubes. Feel better? ;)

Nicholas Stock

Jan 22, 2017, 3:59:36 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Not really...ha ha!!

I've resigned myself to the fact it is very unlikely I'll get to make a clock with 6 NL7094's.....I was born in the wrong era....

jb-electronics

Jan 22, 2017, 4:05:47 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I am not even sure if I woud ever build such a clock. For me these kind of tubes are too precious to be burnt off in some clock. Weird collector's point of view, probably. At some time I had quite a few GR10G (transparent mesh), and I considered building a clock with them, but I decided against that for the above reason. So the only Nixie clocks I ever owned had IN-14s in it, or Burroughs B-5870s...

Nicholas Stock

Jan 22, 2017, 4:10:56 PM1/22/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I get that Jens, but eventually they will fail...maybe not in 10 or 20 years, but eventually they will de-gas...? I'm a believer in enjoying them whilst you can...life is short. And hey, Dalibor is making new ones, so it's all good!

Paul Andrews

Jan 23, 2017, 8:07:51 AM1/23/17
to neonixie-l
I like to have them in clocks, but I like to have a few backups lying around too, for when they start to fail. Which reminds me, I need to buy some backups! I don't want to give the wrong impression though. It is early days so I only have IN14, IN8-2 and Z5900M.

Terry S

Jan 23, 2017, 8:27:47 AM1/23/17
to neonixie-l
Agree. There is no joy in an un-lit nixie. Build stuff.
Terry

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:54 PM, jb-electronics <webm...@jb-electronics.de> wrote:
Well not really, I had to give up five of them. They are in a clock somewhere now, I traded them for some other tubes. Feel better? ;)

On 1/22/2017 1:47 PM, Nicholas Stock wrote:
Now that's just mean....:-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 22, 2017, at 12:44, jb-electronics <webm...@jb-electronics.de> wrote:

There you go ;) Cheers Jens

On 1/22/2017 1:35 PM, Nicholas Stock wrote:
Ah ha! Another 7094 in the wild.....I need 5 more! ;)
On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM, 'David Weiner' via neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Could Dalibor Farný try his hand at the giant round NL7094  over 3 inches around ,all this tube talk made me take one out of the box and look it over"oh yeah that's the stuff"
Below B 7971,Z568M,NL 8091,NL7094

Sent from my iPhone

<CIMG8008.JPG>

jb-electronics

Jan 23, 2017, 5:00:14 PM1/23/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Well I think it depends. I think it is also important to preserve some tubes for future generations ;)

Best wishes
Jens

Alic

Jan 23, 2017, 11:44:12 PM1/23/17
to neonixie-l
There was one on the German eBay a few months ago. It was sold as untested. Unfortunately I completely underestimated the price!
http://r.ebay.com/ekycH0

jb-electronics

Jan 23, 2017, 11:59:08 PM1/23/17
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I saw that, but I swear I had nothing to do with it :D

Cheers Jens

SWISSNIXIE - Jonathan F.

Jan 24, 2017, 4:07:38 PM1/24/17
to neonixie-l
I saw one a few months ago, sold in USA for 50$ "Buy it now" New in box... The seller must have not know what it really was. Sadly someone was quicker than me.

But i have to admit, i'm not that crazy about big tubes. I think all nixies are beautiful and special. I own a few types i did not find a single entry in the web about, im curious how many undocumented and undiscovered types there still are.