IV-1 help needed

Dylan Distasio

Oct 28, 2015, 6:04:02 PM10/28/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks-

Hoping I can get some assistance with driving an IV-1 VFD (dot dash) tube.  I have still not gotten around to building VFD circuits on my own from scratch (I've built a few kits), so do not have a great handle on this.  I've tried to muddle through the Russian datasheet but have not fully translated it.

I figure someone here must be familiar with these for separators in VFD clocks.

Let me start with pinouts.  If I am reading the datasheet correctly, I believe:

Pins 1,8 are the filament

Pins 2,3,4,5,6,9,11,12,14 are not connected.  Does this mean they are literally not connected, and are just there for physical support or can be clipped?

Pin 7 is the grid

Pin 10 is the dash (anode)
Pin 13 is the dot (anode)

Assuming I have gotten this far without an error, can someone confirm these voltages?  I may be really off on what I am assuming is what, since I have not fully translated this.

Pin 1- 0V (ground)
Pin 8- 0.85V
Pin 7 - 20V
Pins 10,13 20V

I am unsure how to read the current limits on the datasheet.

Apologies in advance on any ignorance or mistakes, and thanks for any help.

Best,
Dylan

John Rehwinkel

Oct 28, 2015, 7:51:02 PM10/28/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
> Pin 1- 0V (ground)
> Pin 8- 0.85V
> Pin 7 - 20V
> Pins 10,13 20V

Yup, that should light it right up. You can use a pair of 9V batteries for the grid/anode supply for testing.

- John

Yuriy Ovchinnikov

Oct 29, 2015, 2:59:18 PM10/29/15
to neonixie-l
Yes, IV-1 is designed to display information in the form of dots and dashes. Therefore, only 1,8,7,10,13 Pin is used. By the way, I have a IV-1. Does anyone need?