Help needed !

Marco

May 15, 2008, 5:29:48 AM5/15/08
to NeoDS
Hello People,

I have a G6 ds real flashcard and somehow i can't get the roms listet
when i start neods in my DS.

it just shows no roms... but i have them converted and on the
flashcard.

This is what i did :

i took neods 1.1a and the full bios i found here...(neogeo-zip) then i
downloaded mame-roms like mslug.zip, blazstar.zip etc...from
romhustler and put them in a folder i called "converting"

the neodsconvert file i added "-bios 1" it looks like this now : "
neodsconvert -bios1"

so i did put the files : "neodsconvert -bios1" + neogeo.zip +
neods.nds + mslug.zip + blazstar.zip
in the folder i named "converting" and then i run the "neodsconvert -
bios1", it gave me the following converted files : neogeo.neo,
mslug.neo, blazstar.neo

i took those files + the neods.nds ( wich dident get converted ) and
put them in the "NDS" folder on my g6 ds real.

like that i can run the neods.nds but it dosen't display any roms in
the list at all...

what am i doing wrong? i did read some other forums and tryed to
figure out how to get it to work,
but somehow i just fail at it :-(

greetings Marco

Yuri Cerberos

May 15, 2008, 9:36:08 AM5/15/08
to NeoDS
Maybe you just have to put these files to the root directory of your
card.

jimmay

May 15, 2008, 4:32:54 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS
CMON GUYS! Ive been saying this too MUCH!!!!! Download the roms from
planetemu.net, not romhustler, rom hustler and those other sites are
bad. you need rom files with .bin files, check your .zip file games if
their .rom, if they are .rom, trash em, go to planet emu, go to the
MAME section for roms, NOT NEOGEO!!! then you'll have the correct
one!!! OKAY!!!! EVERYBODY!!! .BIN files from PLANETEMU, not .ROM
FILES!!!! GRRRR!

barry breslau

May 15, 2008, 4:39:24 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS
Bullshit; all my roms are from romhuslter and romnation and they work
fine.

And in answer to the question; I agree, you need to put the whole lot
(everything that it is in the NeoDS zip + converted roms) straight
onto the root of the card, not into a folder.

jimmay

May 15, 2008, 4:50:28 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS
calm down, maybe it was the neogeo section, barry stfu

barry breslau

May 15, 2008, 6:20:10 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS
that's true. they should be the mame ones.
- I was objecting to the pushing that site more than anything.

jimmay

May 15, 2008, 7:38:12 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS

On May 15, 5:20 pm, barry breslau <bres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> that's true. they should be the mame ones.
> - I was objecting to the pushing that site more than anything.
srry, i was wrong, you win this time, hahaha!

jimmay

May 15, 2008, 11:55:24 PM5/15/08
to NeoDS

On May 15, 4:29 am, Marco <keyenc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
well, g6 has internal space so

Marco

May 16, 2008, 6:07:27 AM5/16/08
to NeoDS
the games i downloaded where from the mame-section.

i put it all on the root of the g6, turned on my ds... and now the
neods isen't available anymore...

Greets Marco
> well, g6 has internal space so- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

barry breslau

May 16, 2008, 10:29:46 AM5/16/08
to NeoDS
Buy a proper card? I find it really easy to configure this using a
normal sd / pass slot 1; any generic one would work.
Recommend you check it's one that let's you use the high memory sd
cards, because they would be very useful for this application.

Marco

May 17, 2008, 5:01:02 AM5/17/08
to NeoDS
Hey there :-)

I got it to work now :-D but unfortunately i got very bad perfprmance
like the other guy with the g6 who posted it in this forum :-(

what card would you recommend? how about a cyclo ds evolution?

Greets marco

barry breslau

May 17, 2008, 7:14:36 AM5/17/08
to NeoDS
I use TTDS because it is very cheap it works really well. - I have
only had one commercial rom which didnt work on it. It also runs neo
ds / homebrew without having to patch anything.

The main advantage of Cyclo DS is that it has a very nice operating
system and I believe they update the firmware too, something which Neo
Flash are notorious for NOT doing (at least I think NeoFlash are
behind ttds / dstt; identical cards, but possibly manufactured in
different factories). - In fairness to NeoFlash, the firmware
currently runs 99% of commercial roms so I suppose they think 'if it
ain't broke don't fix it'. (Also, who cares about 'cheats' which are
just a gimmick anyway? )

I have never used cyclo ds, but I would guess that it would be a good
choice for running moonshell etc etc, but for something like NeoDs
which works straight off the root of a card, ttds would be a good
choice because it's cheap, can use the high memory sd cards and is
guaranteed to run NeoDs. (Despite the not very good operating system).