Neo4j embeded application running in virtual machine.

Jorge Solari

Jul 28, 2015, 6:13:28 PM7/28/15
to Neo4j
Hi

We have a grails application using an embeded neo4j database.
A process that takes 334 sec when running in a linux host, takes 515 sec when running in a linux VM (on the same host), and 1621 secs when running in a Win 8 R2 Server VM.
In Win 8, most of the time is spent committing the updates in the database (about 1000 seconds), while in the linux, committing takes a few seconds.
Having the VM files in a ssd or hdd doesn't make much difference.
We are running the VM with VMPlayer.
There is no swapping, we have free memory in the host and in the guest OS.

Ideas about what may be happening in the Win 8 VM ?

Thanks !

Jorge

Michael Hunger

Jul 28, 2015, 6:26:46 PM7/28/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Windows behaves weirdly in FS operations.

What Neo4j version are you running?

What is the process doing? How much data is processed? Is it initial operation or subsequent ones?

How much memory do you have what is your neo4j config? Best to share the graph.db/messages.log from all 3 setups.

Michael