Common admin patterns

Ronald Petty

Nov 28, 2016, 2:18:10 AM11/28/16
to Neo4j
Hello everyone,

I am new to the community and did some digging around but have some questions.  Can someone enumerate the common community version options that need tweaking?  I already played with ports, but just curious what others have used (and maybe why?)  Aside from the configuration file, what about other general admin concerns?  I already ran into a lock file error when restarting my VM (I tried to start it, but I forget the VM went to sleep and wasn't a reboot, so my fault.)  Any good advice appreciated, any bad advice to watch out for also appreciated!

Thank you.

Ron

Michael Hunger

Nov 28, 2016, 3:37:45 AM11/28/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronald,

not totally sure what you're looking for. Have you see the operations manual? http://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current

Much of it applies to the tar-gz/zip download though which is rather meant for server installation.

If you're on windows you can also use powershell for more advanced tasks.

If you're in the Bay Area please also join our meetup group there and ask my colleagues those questions directly.

We also have an active slack community on neo4j.com/slack where you can get a lot of feedback.

Cheers, Michael