Issue regarding different behaviours to two clients

gitansh...@freecharge.com

Aug 22, 2016, 11:05:42 AM8/22/16
to Neo4j
I have service which feeds the data into neo4j database.
The Service is running on two different servers.

I am getting an absurd behaviour i.e. 1 app server is working fine but in other I am getting high latency from DB.
Both the servers completely identical and have same configuration of service.

Total of 1500 threads are interacting with database from each server.

Configuration of Neo4j box is: 30gb ram

JVM heao size is 8GB
Page cache is 8GB

Currently, DB has around 16 million nodes and 20 million relations.

Please help in solving the issue.

Michael Hunger

Aug 22, 2016, 11:12:18 AM8/22/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I think the high concurrency is not helpful. As your servers will be
mostly thread-switching.

Can you detail more about the statements/workload that you run against Neo4j?

Is your networks setup the same too? I.e. latency to server?

If you have 30G RAM, you can use 16G for heap and 12G for page-cache.

Michael