Is Cypher-3.0 queries are slower than Traversal API or Procedures !!

Gurpreet Singh

Jun 25, 2016, 5:55:29 PM6/25/16
to Neo4j, gsi...@nimbuzz.com
Guys,

i am working on Neo4j-3.0 enterprise database, i have 1 billion around data which is connected each other.
Right now, i am using Cypher-3.0 queries to search friends upto 3rd level depth and i have seen that its taking lot of time like 1/2 minutes or more than that. i have already optimised query at various level like indexes etc. but not getting significant performance. I am expecting results in milliseconds but response time is very bad.

Here is query:
MATCH p=(c:contact_info{phoneNumber:'56276736'})-[r:knows*1..3]->(d:contact_info)
WHERE d.phoneNumber <> '56276736' and LOWER(d.fullname) CONTAINS 'sin'
WITH LAST(NODES(p)) as d,LENGTH(p) as deg order by deg
RETURN d.firstname,d.lastname,d.phoneNumber,d.spamScore,HEAD(COLLECT(DISTINCT deg)) as deg order by deg;

Suggest me, Shall i move to Traversal API or Procedures ???, if it is right then how much faster it is?

Benoit Simard

Jun 27, 2016, 8:48:08 AM6/27/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you give us the 'EXPLAIN' of the query ?

Do you have an index on :
 * honeNumber ?
 * fullname ?

"d.phoneNumber <> '56276736'" is to avoid to have start = end node ?

Thanks.