what are primary categories of visualization or, at least, alternatives to standard "graph" visualization?

Gallagher Polyn

Feb 20, 2015, 12:04:01 PM2/20/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I've looked over the basic starter materials for offered by Neo4j and, especially based on the guide at neo4j.com/developer/guide-data-visualization, I conclude that visualization for Neo4j is called "graph".

Meanwhile, Internet searching suggests category would be "hierarchy".

Can anyone nominate more categories? Additionally, can they cite examples to illustrate?

Thanks,

Michael Hunger

Feb 20, 2015, 3:33:26 PM2/20/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Not really sure what you want to know.

Graphs can represent many data-structures -> trees, lists, disconnected or connected subgraphs, communities etc.

And data from the graph model can be rendered in many ways, depending on the use-case and target audience ...
You'll find many examples e.g. on the d3.js gallery but also at the linkourious.js (github) page.

Michael

Gallagher Polyn

Feb 23, 2015, 6:56:00 AM2/23/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
[D]ata from the graph model can be rendered in many ways, depending on the use-case and target audience ...
You'll find many examples e.g. on the d3.js gallery but also at the linkourious.js (github) page.
I've looked over the basic starter materials for offered by Neo4j and, especially based on the guide at neo4j.com/developer/guide-data-visualization, I conclude that visualization for Neo4j is called "graph".

Can anyone nominate more categories? Additionally, can they cite examples to illustrate?
Thanks Michael.

Let me correct the vagueness in my original post.

Specifically, has anyone used Neo4j formatted data for automatic rendering of control flow or business process diagrams? (Here for example, is a business process diagram and here is a control flow diagram.) If so, can they link to libraries for doing the same?

Thanks,

Gallagher