hypergraph

Ayesha Sarmathi

Aug 13, 2017, 4:10:45 PM8/13/17
to Neo4j
how to create an hyperedge

Mahesh Lal

Aug 13, 2017, 4:30:08 PM8/13/17
to Neo4j
Hyperedges can be modelled as nodes. IMHO of a relationship is supposed to have more relationships attached, then it's a first class entity that should be related to other entities.

There is no support for a hyperedges in Neo4j. Only edges and vertices. Clean and simple.

On 14-Aug-2017 01:40, "Ayesha Sarmathi" <ayesha....@gmail.com> wrote:
how to create an hyperedge

Dmitry Ponyatov

Aug 15, 2017, 2:10:15 PM8/15/17
to Neo4j
Is neo4j able to make edge with between node and other edge ? I don't think so

Mahesh Lal

Aug 16, 2017, 1:39:03 AM8/16/17
to Neo4j

-- Thanks and Regards
   Mahesh Lal

On 15 August 2017 at 23:40, Dmitry Ponyatov <dpon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is neo4j able to make edge with between node and other edge ? I don't think so
No. Currently you can have only nodes and edges between nodes.

I meant to say that if there is a need to model hyper-edges, we should try decomposing the model into simpler nodes and relationships. Hyperedges are inherently complex.