SDN Adding New Nodes to Legacy Index

BtySgtMajor

Apr 13, 2015, 4:00:14 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

  I know SDN handles legacy indices a bit differently than schema indices, which is fine.  I know you have to create the index on database creation (or write custom, non-SDN Neo code to create new indices).

  Let's say I want to use LOAD CSV to add a bunch of new nodes into Neo.  Obviously any of the nodes that should be put into the legacy indices won't be put in there automatically.  If I want to add those new nodes to the indices in question, what's the best way to do this?  To just use the Neo4j API and manually add those new nodes to the index?  Or is there a better way?

  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Duncan

Michael Hunger

Apr 13, 2015, 4:54:22 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I'd probably just use the neo API for that.

Michael

BtySgtMajor

Apr 13, 2015, 4:56:41 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Michael.

So, then, first use LOAD CSV, and then use the Neo API?  Just want to be clear that that's the best way.

Michael Hunger

Apr 13, 2015, 5:12:47 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Ya, probably best and fastest that way.

You can pull the nodes to be added via cypher or embedded API and then just add them manually.

There are some index-manager methods (that I can't recall out of my head) in Neo4j Template that you might want to use to get quick access. to the appropriate index manager for an entity + property combination.

Michael

BtySgtMajor

Apr 13, 2015, 5:21:05 PM4/13/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com