Neo4j Performance Problem

Karthic S

Jun 23, 2015, 3:21:12 AM6/23/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

           im new to Neo4j, Currently im tryig to make dating site as POC. I have 4gb of Input file which is look like bellow format. This contains viewerId(male/female), viewedId which is list of id's they have viewed. Based on this histry file, I need to give recommendation when any user comes to online.

Input file:

viewerId viewedId

12345 123456,23456,987653

23456 23456,123456,234567

34567 234567,765678,987653

:

For this task, i tried the following way,

USING PERIODIC COMMIT 10000

LOAD CSV WITH HEADERS FROM "file:/home/hadoopuser/Neo-input " AS row

FIELDTERMINATOR '\t'

WITH row, split(row.viewedId, ",") AS viewedIds

UNWIND viewedIds AS viewedId

MERGE (p2:Persons2 {viewerId: row.viewerId})

MERGE (c2:Companies2 {viewedId: viewedId})
MERGE (p2)-[:Friends]->(c2)

MERGE (c2)-[:Sees]->(p2);

and My Cypher query to get result is,

MATCH (p2:Persons2)-[r*1..3]->(c2: Companies2)

RETURN p2,r, COLLECT(DISTINCT c2) as friends

To complete this task, it will take 3 days.

My system config:

Ubuntu -14.04

RAM -24GB

To reduce time, I search and get one idea in internet like Batch importer from the following link,

https://github.com/jexp/batch-import

In that link, they have node.csv, rels.csv files, they imported into Neo4j. Im not getting any idea about how they are creating node.csv and rels.csv files which scripts ther are using and all. Can anyone give me sample script to make node.csv and rels.csv files for my data? Or can you say any suggestion to make import and retrive data fastly?

Thanks in Advance.

Sun Yuhan

Nov 5, 2015, 9:39:25 PM11/5/15
to Neo4j
I have used experienced all the ways you have tried. I think you can use batchinserter in neo4j java api. That is more flexible and can do whatever you want which is also what I am using now.