Scheduling CYPHER in Neo4J

Sean R

Jul 3, 2017, 1:18:00 PM7/3/17
to Neo4j
Neo4J gurus,

I have a requirement, where I need to run specific CYPHER periodically - may be once in 4 hours.
Is there any APOC available to do this ?

ex:
CALL <apoc procedure>('MY CYPHER QUERY', <4 hours>)
Is this possible in Neo4J ?

- I could think of creating a java/python and schedule it.
-  Another way is  .bat file or shell script with CYPHER and schedule the bat file or shell script.

Any thoughts.?

Thanks

Michael Hunger

Jul 3, 2017, 7:43:53 PM7/3/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Currently there is something limited like that, if you check out the periodic functions in apoc, like apoc.periodic.repeat

https://neo4j-contrib.github.io/neo4j-apoc-procedures/#_further_functions

I think from an ops perspective it's better to schedule via the OS or a scheduling service.