2.2-M04 graph visual UI ignores multiple node labels (silently ignores all by the first label which is choosen by random)

Andrii Stesin

Feb 27, 2015, 4:55:25 AM2/27/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a graph where labels represent overlapping categories of concepts. Say I have categories A, B, C, D. Node (x:A:D) has different meaning (represents object of different class) than node (y:A:B) and (z:A) is an object of yet another class.

Obviously, I want all those to differ visually in the interface.

But visual frontend just selects one (random?) label from node labels and draws nodes ignoring all the other labels.

Tried editing GraSS file, writing labels in different combinations, i.e.

node.E.U {
  color: #00FF00;
  border-color: #347C17;
  text-color-internal: #000000;
  caption: '{x}';
  diameter: 40px;
}
node.U.E {
  color: #00FF00;
  border-color: #347C17;
  text-color-internal: #000000;
  caption: '{x}';
  diameter: 40px;
}
node.E.R {
  color: #CD7F32;
  border-color: #806517;
  text-color-internal: #000000;
  caption: '{x}';
  diameter: 40px;
}
node.R.E {
  color: #CD7F32;
  border-color: #806517;
  text-color-internal: #000000;
  caption: '{x}';
  diameter: 40px;
}

but after import it turns that visualizator silently drops all labels after what is written first, and (after truncation) if some label was met once, the first occurrence wins,  so all my E-labeled nodes became green with no differentiation by second label.

It would be sooo greaaat if the visual frontend treated multiple labels as a set (which they really are) and allowed custom style per each such distinct set of labels.

WBR,
Andrii

Aseem Kishore

Mar 1, 2015, 6:36:01 PM3/1/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
+1!

Oskar Hane

Mar 2, 2015, 4:01:33 PM3/2/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrii,

This PR should solve your issues with the styling: https://github.com/neo4j/neo4j/pull/4092
It was merged into master today so it'll be in the next release.

-Oskar

Andrii Stesin

Mar 3, 2015, 11:19:43 AM3/3/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com