Migrate from embedded server to a "real" server

Fairuz WAN ISMAIL

Apr 22, 2014, 12:41:52 PM4/22/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Right now I have a Java application that uses embedded neo4j server. I uses cypher to do queries and stuff.

Is it possible if I decide to have a separate Neo4J DB server and then my application connect to this DB server instead of the local db? From my understanding, we use cypher to access to the embedded server database and rest api to access the non-embedded server. Do I need to change my application to support this?

I've read about java-rest-binding but not really sure what it is used for. It seems like I can use java-rest-binding to solve this issue.

Regards and thanks

Alex Frieden

Apr 22, 2014, 7:25:36 PM4/22/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I would use the cypher or transaction endpoint (depending on what you are doing) and then just use some type of rest client (I use httpbuilder in groovy and have some code examples if you are interested).  I would stay away from the java-rest-bindings project.  Its slow and not as good in my opinion as well built cypher.  Cheers.

Alexander Frieden

Fairuz WAN ISMAIL

Apr 23, 2014, 3:31:03 AM4/23/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok I just found out that I can still use Cypher with the REST API. So that's good enough for me.
Thanks for the answer!

Cheers.