Where (in the source code) is the LRU-K algorithm implemented in Neo4j?

Telmo Henrique Valverde da Silva

Jan 20, 2016, 7:06:44 PM1/20/16
to Neo4j
I was reading that since Neo4j 2.2 a feature was implemented that maintains an in-memory cache to prevent unnecessary slow disk access based on the LRU-K algorithm. To try and understand how it works I decided to read the article "The LRU-K Page Replacement Algorithm For Database Disk Buffering" but that didn't help much. Looking at the Neo4j GitHub repository, I'm guessing it's implemented either inside the neo4j-kernel or the neo4j-cypher (which is partially written in Scala), but each of these modules has a ton of packages. Can anyone help me find where the LRU-K algorithm is implemented?

Chris Vest

Jan 20, 2016, 7:09:30 PM1/20/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
It’s in the neo4j-io module:

--
Chris Vest
System Engineer, Neo Technology

On 19 Jan 2016, at 18:14, Telmo Henrique Valverde da Silva <telmo....@gmail.com> wrote:

I was reading that since Neo4j 2.2 a feature was implemented that maintains an in-memory cache to prevent unnecessary slow disk access based on the LRU-K algorithm. To try and understand how it works I decided to read the article "The LRU-K Page Replacement Algorithm For Database Disk Buffering" but that didn't help much. Looking at the Neo4j GitHub repository, I'm guessing it's implemented either inside the neo4j-kernel or the neo4j-cypher (which is partially written in Scala), but each of these modules has a ton of packages. Can anyone help me find where the LRU-K algorithm is implemented?

Telmo Henrique Valverde da Silva

Jan 25, 2016, 8:49:28 PM1/25/16
to Neo4j
Much appreciated!