Gremlin or native Java API ?

Kamilos

Apr 28, 2015, 10:19:57 AM4/28/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to test Neo4J performance and I hesitate between learning Gremlin of the TinkerBlue Stack or using the native java API methods.

I'm looking for the best performances, I saw that Gremlin is not supported by Neo4j 2.0 ? (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/neo4j/gremlin/neo4j/aaxly1mH2Q4/MKJqjtTu2nwJ

So which one should I use if I want to get best performances from Neo4J ? (typical queries would be: shortest path, BFS, get node by ID/name, etc.)

Sumit Gupta

Apr 29, 2015, 7:52:37 AM4/29/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
hi,

Your question is not very clear? What exactly do you want to know?
A better/ performance efficient language for testing Neo4j? or list of languages supported by Neo4j2.x?

In any case, you can use Scala or Java. Either of these will work.
Here are the details about drivers and their implementation languages - http://neo4j.com/developer/language-guides/

Thanks,
Sumit

Kamilos

Apr 30, 2015, 9:31:42 AM4/30/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm looking for the best efficient language for testing  Neo4J using Java.
So I have the choice between the Neo4J's native methods or use Gremlin (or Cypher but I know that it's less efficient that the first two)

Michael Hunger

Apr 30, 2015, 10:23:50 AM4/30/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Am 30.04.2015 um 15:31 schrieb Kamilos <k19m...@gmail.com>:

Hi,
I'm looking for the best efficient language for testing  Neo4J using Java.
So I have the choice between the Neo4J's native methods or use Gremlin (or Cypher but I know that it's less efficient that the first two)

I wouldn't say that Cypher is less efficient, for many use-cases it is as efficient as the other two.
Otherwise i'd go with the Java API and a server extension.

Michael