Does the neo4j cypher shell query on a subset of the DB?

YuLing Chen

Feb 22, 2018, 12:20:15 PM2/22/18
to Neo4j
Hi All,

I'm new to neo4j and was wondering if the cypher shell only queries on a subset of the DB or any query sent from the cypher shell would apply to the entire DB?

The reason I'm asking is that when my dataset is big (about 957,440 nodes, and 770,455 relationships), the same query returns much fewer results;when my dataset is small(about 213,044 nodes, 168,150 relationships), the query returns much more results.

So I was wondering neo4j cypher shell would get a subset of the database and query when the DB size exceeds a certain number of nodes/relationships?

Thanks,

YuLing

Michael Hunger

Feb 22, 2018, 12:25:15 PM2/22/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Nope. Full db.

Can you share your query and your domain model?

Feel free to join neo4j.com/slack for quick answers.

Michael