Re: noe4j training for grad students

Michael Hunger

Apr 11, 2017, 2:50:32 PM4/11/17
to Bollenbacher, John Michael, ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

what have you done so far? And what kind of machine are you using?

I recommend using the neo4j-import tool to import a graph of that size that allows you to constitute the graph from two CSV files.

What kind of operations do you want to do with the graph?

Cheers, Michael

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM, Bollenbacher, John Michael <jmbo...@iu.edu> wrote:

Hello​,

I'm a graduate student studying complex networks/systems at Indiana University, and I'm interested in using your graph database system, neo4j, for large scale simulations. In particular, I need to represent a graph of 10^7 nodes and ~10^10 edges, with an ID property and string property for each node.

After a few naive attempts, I've discovered that efficiently interfacing with your system (specifically writing to it in bulk) is more complicated than anticipated. Do you have training resources/courses which would specifically cover very large scale graph implementation (efficiently writing, accessing/updating, etc.)?

Thanks,
John Bollenbacher