messages.log (Permission denied)

Dawn

Mar 26, 2015, 1:35:19 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I created a database under my account directory on our server using import
of neo4j-v2.2 and in my side it works well including Cypher. However, other
people can't access the database:

./bin/neo4j-shell -v -config ./conf/neo4j.properties -path
/my_dir_path/neo4j_db2
ERROR (-v for expanded information):
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2/messages.log
(Permission denied)

Is there any help? Thanks a lot!
Dawn

Sukaant Chaudhary

Mar 26, 2015, 1:57:39 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dawn,
I'm sharing my experience, I had similar kind of issue, in my case when I was accessing the data using Cypher then other files of Neo4J was deleted but it stores the data in that folder which are again accessed by the Cypher properly but not from other places.

Not sure but hope it may help you.

-Sukaant Chaudhary

Dawn

Michael Hunger

Mar 26, 2015, 4:13:15 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
1. make sure another Neo4j is not already running on that store (on disk)
2. you might have just a permission problem on the store files and directory structures
3. use shell connecting to a server or an http call so you don't access the database directory in a shared way

Michael

Dawn Yu

Mar 26, 2015, 4:16:46 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Originally they got the error about 'messages.log (Permission denied)' and then under my account I changed the file messages.log permission to rw to all. But they still got the following error when they used their account to type "./bin/neo4j-shell -v -config ./conf/neo4j.properties -path /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2":

ERROR (-v for expanded information):
    Error starting org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDatabase, /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDatabase, /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2
    at org.neo4j.kernel.InternalAbstractGraphDatabase.run(InternalAbstractGraphDatabase.java:331)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDatabase.<init>(EmbeddedGraphDatabase.java:59)
    at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.GraphDatabaseFactory.newDatabase(GraphDatabaseFactory.java:103)
    at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.GraphDatabaseFactory$1.newDatabase(GraphDatabaseFactory.java:90)
    at org.neo4j.graphdb.factory.GraphDatabaseBuilder.newGraphDatabase(GraphDatabaseBuilder.java:176)
    at org.neo4j.shell.kernel.GraphDatabaseShellServer.instantiateGraphDb(GraphDatabaseShellServer.java:200)
    at org.neo4j.shell.kernel.GraphDatabaseShellServer.<init>(GraphDatabaseShellServer.java:63)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartClient.tryStartLocalServerAndClient(StartClient.java:243)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartClient.startLocal(StartClient.java:230)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartClient.start(StartClient.java:162)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartClient.main(StartClient.java:124)
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.state.DataSourceManager@6f778bc3' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see attached cause exception.
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:513)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:115)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.InternalAbstractGraphDatabase.run(InternalAbstractGraphDatabase.java:326)
    ... 10 more
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.kernel.NeoStoreDataSource@34e236bc' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see attached cause exception.
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:513)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:115)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.state.DataSourceManager.start(DataSourceManager.java:117)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:507)
    ... 12 more
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.UnderlyingStorageException: Unable to open file /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2/neostore.relationshiptypestore.db.names
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.CommonAbstractStore.checkStorage(CommonAbstractStore.java:171)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.CommonAbstractStore.<init>(CommonAbstractStore.java:117)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.AbstractDynamicStore.<init>(AbstractDynamicStore.java:92)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.DynamicStringStore.<init>(DynamicStringStore.java:53)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.StoreFactory.newDynamicStringStore(StoreFactory.java:204)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.StoreFactory.newRelationshipTypeTokenStore(StoreFactory.java:223)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.StoreFactory.newRelationshipTypeTokenStore(StoreFactory.java:210)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.StoreFactory.newNeoStore(StoreFactory.java:160)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.NeoStoreDataSource.buildNeoStore(NeoStoreDataSource.java:569)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.NeoStoreDataSource.start(NeoStoreDataSource.java:476)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:507)
    ... 15 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /my_dir_path/neo4j_db2/neostore.relationshiptypestore.db.names (Permission denied)
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:233)
    at org.neo4j.io.fs.DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.open(DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.java:54)
    at org.neo4j.io.fs.DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.open(DefaultFileSystemAbstraction.java:45)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.store.CommonAbstractStore.checkStorage(CommonAbstractStore.java:167)
    ... 25 more

Dawn

Mar 26, 2015, 4:23:26 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I closed my account when other people was trying to use neo4j, but got the same issue.

Would it be the reason that we had another version Neo4j 2.1.5 on another directory (different from the directory of present v2.2) on our server?

Thanks!
Dawn

Dawn Yu

Mar 26, 2015, 4:27:05 PM3/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I closed my account when other people was trying to use neo4j, but got the same issue.

Would it be the reason that we previously installed an old version Neo4j 2.1.5 on another directory (different from the directory of present v2.2) on our server?

Thanks!
Dawn