Using property names with special characters in style in Data Browser

brian

Sep 27, 2012, 11:00:01 AM9/27/12
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have property names on nodes and relationships that use period '.' separators. This doesn't present a problem in Cypher queries as we just escape the property name by surrounding it with back single quotes. However, we can't seem to get these properties to display in the graph view of the Data Browser.  When we specify something like {Node.name} in the style, "{Node.name}" is displayed rather than the value of that property. Using back single quotes here doesn't seem to work.  Is this a bug or is there some other way I can specify a property name with special characters here?

Thanks.

-brian

Jacob Hansson

Sep 27, 2012, 12:15:51 PM9/27/12
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brian,

this is a short coming in the current implementation. You can open a ticket for it at https://github.com/neo4j/community/issues?direction=desc&labels=bug&sort=created&state=open

I'm afraid it will take a while before we have time to adress this.

If you want to write a fix yourself, I'd be more than happy to merge that in. You'd need to add a test for eg. {foo\.bar} here:

And an implementation here:

/jake

Jacob Hansson
Phone: +46 (0) 763503395