neo4j node.js

Alex Frieden

Sep 26, 2014, 9:16:57 AM9/26/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
I have a working neo4j express node.js application.  However I want to add in authentication, does anyone have any working passport or such node-neo4j examples?  I wasn't able to get it to work on my own.

Keith Van Eaton

Mar 17, 2018, 8:21:30 PM3/17/18
to Neo4j
Hi Alex,

I'm new to node.js and have been looking for documentation for a simple CRUD app. Not much out there for a neo4j / node platform.
Would you be willing to share the code to your app (assuming it's a CRUD app)? Or would you be able to point me to a git repo?

Many Thanks,

Keith

adam....@neotechnology.com

Mar 19, 2018, 7:47:34 AM3/19/18
to Neo4j
Hi Keith,

I've written an introduction to using the official drivers with nodejs.  Essentially, you'll create a single instance of the driver in your application and use it to create a session each time you run a cypher query.

Your CRUD operations should be performed in Cypher queries.  I've written a library called neode which takes care of CRUD boilerplate.

The other active project that I know about for Neo4j is OGMNeo:

I also recently created a gist for a colleague which used the driver as middleware in an express application.

This only has a read query but if you'd like more guidance, just shout.  The Neo4j Slack channel is also a great resource if you need help.

Cheers,
Adam