Install Neo4j 3.0.1 enterprise cluster on AWS autoscaled instances

Igor Polishchuk

Jul 12, 2016, 3:36:32 AM7/12/16
to Neo4j
Hello,
 Did anybody figure out how to install Neo4j 3.0.1 enterprise cluster on AWS autoscaled instances?
The main point of interest is how to deal with the node ip change after an autoscaling event.
I'm thinking about attaching ENI to each ec2 node after creation using puppet. That way, we may have stable IP address for each node.
However, this solution is less than elegant, as we'll need to wait for a puppet execution after a new node is started after a failure.
Also, we will need to configure load balancer manually, as opposed to just mentioning it in AWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroup LaunchConfigurationName.
Thanks
Igor Polishchuk