GIS data import into Neo4J

Gelli Ravikumar

Oct 7, 2015, 2:32:41 PM10/7/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a network data in GIS format. Can I import the GIS data into the Neo4J directly? Please let me know if there is a way.

--
with Regards
Gelli Ravikumar

Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award - 2013
POSOCO Power System Award: PPSA - 2013
IITB PhD Executive Member - 2013-14
IITB SARC Core Technical Member - 2014-15

Sent with MailTrack

Michael Hunger

Oct 7, 2015, 2:37:20 PM10/7/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
What do you want to do with the GIS data in Neo?

There is the Neo4j-Spatial integration library, written by our community, which comes with support for some formats.

Craig Taverner

Oct 9, 2015, 10:16:14 AM10/9/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
In addition to what Michael has said, I could mention that Neo4j Spatial uses Geotools, and so if you are willing to write a bit of Java, you can import any format supported by Geotools. If you don't want to write Java, it comes with a console app for importing from ESRI Shapefile, and OSM XML files.