Ignoring apostrophes in strings

Jean-Baptiste Gallopin

Feb 26, 2015, 4:18:24 PM2/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to import data in my database using Cypher. Among the attributes of my nodes are pretty long strings.

Some of these strings are written in French and have apostrophes between a determinant and a noun. That means an apostrophe stuck between two letters, as in: l'enfant.

Cypher doesn't like these apostrophies. I've been trying to add a \ sign before the apostrophe to force Cypher to ignore it, but it doesn't work when the apostrophe is caught between two letters. Here's a snapshot of a piece of my command. Look to the bottom where the color is changing to green:

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste

Michael Hunger

Feb 26, 2015, 4:27:51 PM2/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Did you actually try to execute the statement?

I think it's just the color highlighter (codemirror) that has the problem.

For real code just use parameters.

Michael

Am 26.02.2015 um 22:18 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Gallopin <jbgal...@gmail.com>:

Hello,

I'm trying to import data in my database using Cypher. Among the attributes of my nodes are pretty long strings.

Some of these strings are written in French and have apostrophes between a determinant and a noun. That means an apostrophe stuck between two letters, as in: l'enfant.

Cypher doesn't like these apostrophies. I've been trying to add a \ sign before the apostrophe to force Cypher to ignore it, but it doesn't work when the apostrophe is caught between two letters. Here's a snapshot of a piece of my command. Look to the bottom where the color is changing to green:

<Capture d’écran 2015-02-26 à 16.14.51.png>

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste Gllpn

Feb 26, 2015, 4:41:07 PM2/26/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
The code is working -- my bad. I have hundreds of nodes to import so I didn't want to run this before everything looked good in the editor, but I tried with just one node and it worked fine. Thanks!

Best, JBG