How Neo4j deals in saving BLOBs and is there any features which is time based?

bhupesh budhiraja

Apr 24, 2014, 1:00:29 AM4/24/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am new to NoSQL database and Neo4J. I am wondering if we can save BLOBs in Neo4j? like saving large Images (profile Images)? If yes then How to?
My another question is like in Facebook if someone likes any image. It popups in your FB update page. Can query in Cypher if such event occurs?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
BK

Michael Hunger

Apr 24, 2014, 7:34:29 PM4/24/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Save the images to a blob storage (filesystem, kv-store, s3) and store the URL in Neo4j

You will have to ask in a facebook forum if there are notifications for likes.

In general (depending on your datamodel for details) you can query with cypher for like relationships, sure

match (i:Image {id: 3434})<-[l:LIKE]-(u:User)
return u,l
order by l.timestamp desc
limit 10