Build the career path

Aziz

Apr 20, 2017, 7:07:36 AM4/20/17
to Neo4j
Dear all,
first, please forgive me for the "level" of my question. I just start with neo4j and bigdata overall.
I would like to ask you wether a project i have in mind can be possible with neo and how i should begin please.
Here is my idea :
i have a database of employees with for each their historical data : wages, jobs, entry date, leaving date etc
and i would like to identify all the career paths (ex: IT-->Finance-->HR--> IT ) of each employee and reveal the most frequent paths.
Hope it's clear and will help me to start

Thx a lot
Regards

Michael Hunger

Apr 20, 2017, 8:18:55 AM4/20/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Dave Bennett
Yes this sounds like a really cool project.

We have several customers and prospects with such HRS projects.

It can also be used for skill management and career improvements or just for Analytics or Management.
(Sorry for the missing pictures)

If you have any more detail or progress, please let us know.

Cheers, Michael

Aziz

May 1, 2017, 3:05:37 PM5/1/17
to Neo4j, dben...@nulli.com
Hi,

I started to think about a model. Here in the picture.
I would like to know what do you think about that? Something seems to me difficult to create in neo4j and don't know whether it is possible or not; i explain. In the picture, the purple path corresponds to "employee 1" and the green one to "Employee 2". "Job3" is a previous job for both "employee1" and "employee2".
Is it a correct way to model the path in neo4j?
IMG_0412.JPG

Aziz

May 5, 2017, 12:43:42 PM5/5/17
to Neo4j