Error in docs about neo4j cluster joining?

Jean-Francois Bibeau

May 24, 2016, 2:05:03 PM5/24/16
to Neo4j
Hi,

I'm trying to understand how neo4j cluster creation/joining works as it is not behaving properly in our application.

So I'm starting from scratch and creating a 3 box cluster as per the tutorial: http://neo4j.com/docs/2.3.4/ha-setup-tutorial.html

The following note is copy/pasted from the tutorial:

Startup Time
When running in HA mode, the startup script returns immediately instead of waiting for the server to become available. This is because the instance does not accept any requests until a cluster has been formed. In the example above this happens when you start the second instance. To keep track of the startup state you can follow the messages in console.log — the path is printed before the startup script returns.

However when I startup the second instance, my cluster is still not formed... I need to startup the 3rd one for the cluster to start.

Is this an error in the neo4j docs?

Clark Richey

May 27, 2016, 3:38:55 PM5/27/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
You need at least 3 servers to have an HA cluster

Sent from my iPhone