Is there anyone using versioning / database migration on neo4j?

Iwan Ivanto

Jan 16, 2017, 9:16:48 PM1/16/17
to Neo4j
Hi all, as the title say is there anyone using versioning / database migration on neo4j?
Currently i want to use versioning / database migration on spring.
If anyone use versioning or database migration please tell me some reference and pros-cons of using it.

Michael Hunger

Jan 16, 2017, 9:28:21 PM1/16/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Did you see liquigraph? https://fbiville.github.io/liquigraph/

I presume that's what you mean?

There was some work on a flyway implementation too but I'm not sure where that ended up.

Michael

Iwan Ivanto

Jan 16, 2017, 9:50:27 PM1/16/17
to Neo4j
Yes thats what i mean. Have you ever tried using liquigraph?
Yeah i saw on the neo4j blog that they want to implement flyway but it was the post from 2015 i think.
Is there another alternative beside liquigraph?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Iwan Ivanto <wanz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all, as the title say is there anyone using versioning / database migration on neo4j?
Currently i want to use versioning / database migration on spring.
If anyone use versioning or database migration please tell me some reference and pros-cons of using it.

Michael Hunger

Jan 17, 2017, 12:51:37 AM1/17/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Florent Biville
What's the issue with it? Florent is certainly happy about feedback

Michael

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Iwan Ivanto

Jan 17, 2017, 2:51:20 AM1/17/17
to Neo4j, florent...@gmail.com
Currently i'm using a big list of data in java iterate it and save the data each loop with repository.
But when i try using liquigraph i must to create the query to save the data manually and insert the property manually too.
In java i can just create an object each loop from a list and directly save the data there using repository/jpa query/derived query (Less mistake because we access the list element directly instead of typing it one by one in xml). So it kinda hard to populate a big data in changelog.xml file.

The other problem is Liquigraph conflict with Stanford NLP dependencies but i already create the issue here https://github.com/fbiville/liquigraph/issues/154.

Also i think the community who used Liquigraph still not much. So it is harder for me to solve the problem by searching on google or stackoverflow.

Michael Hunger

Jan 17, 2017, 2:54:32 AM1/17/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com, florent...@gmail.com
Afaik Liquigraph also supports Java-based migrations, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Florent Biville

Jan 17, 2017, 3:04:16 AM1/17/17
to Michael Hunger, ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm currently working on the issue with Stanford NLP, it's probably just a classpath conflict with JAXB.

If you really want to programmatically create migrations, you can, using directly `liquigraph-core` and instantiating `Changelog` objects, but this will require some extra efforts.

I think we need to create some standalone utilities to help writing queries when the application is using Spring Data Neo4j, because the explicit mapping can be tedious to get right when manually writing the desired queries, I agree.

Don't give up on Liquigraph too quick though, we're working hard on making it great to use! We need feedback like yours so we can improve the tool! :-)

Iwan Ivanto

Jan 17, 2017, 6:21:25 AM1/17/17
to Neo4j, michael...@neotechnology.com
@Michael Hunger :
For the configuration? My problem is i need to populate the data in the xml by writing each query containing element of my list one by one which takes a long time.

@Florent Biville :
Okay just looking for other options available to try :)