Neo4j Rule Engine

Udaya Kumar

Jul 26, 2015, 3:33:10 PM7/26/15
to Neo4j
Hi,

I am working in a TELCOM company. We are trying to create a network management system using Neo4j. I have few doubts regarding this. I get inventory samples from one system( Say example, Router, Switch information) and alarm from another system(eg: Particular Router is down). How can i Map both the inputs to find the rootcause of the issue? Also is there any rule engine i can integrate with Neo4j?

Thanks,
Uday

Michael Hunger

Jul 27, 2015, 8:50:18 AM7/27/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I think there was some work around a drools backend using neo4j as well as an implementation for activiti

In general the graph would model your network topology, and potential interactions within that topology.
For events you can also attach them to a multilevel time tree.

You would use the different points where events happened (switch, router, server) and trace them (within a time window) if there are more related events but also how they are connected within your infrastructure.