Versioning neo4j data, checkpointing

Abhishek Agarwal

Jul 4, 2015, 6:39:30 AM7/4/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We would like to keep snapshots/versions of the graph(or just versions of a specific node). We would want to switch to any version (like in a git repo).

We tried using GraphAware's ChangeFeed but that doesn't solve our purpose.

We have also found this github project: https://github.com/dmontag/neo4j-versioning. But it is too outdated.

Are there any plugins which can help us in achieving this?

Michael Hunger

Jul 4, 2015, 6:49:37 AM7/4/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Darrick Wiebe
It's planned as a feature for Neo4 itself.

I'm not aware of other variants, although there might be that the xnLogic framework would help you.

Michael

ducky

Jul 4, 2015, 3:00:19 PM7/4/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
 I've been working on a kernel extension which pushes all the changes being made to the data in a Neo4j database to a Kafka server. All the changes have a timestamp attached to them.

So theoretically it should be possible to play back all the messages till a point in time from Kafka to get a Neo4j database till that point in time.

Its similar to Graphaware's changefeed except that the data is structured and sent to Kafka for storage.

I'm in the process of writing a blog post explaining more about it. WIP.

Abhishek Agarwal

Jul 7, 2015, 4:04:10 PM7/7/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Saw the github project. Waiting for the blog.
One question: To revert to a checkpoint in time, one will have to play all the messages from start?

Abhishek Agarwal

Jul 7, 2015, 4:06:00 PM7/7/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com, d...@xnlogic.com
Hi,

Great news. When can we actually expect such a feature?

Abhishek

Laura Mann

Nov 21, 2016, 3:49:38 AM11/21/16
to Neo4j
I have the exact same question, but see that is this over a year old.  Is there a fix in 3.x?