taking advantage of cache

Alex Frieden

Apr 22, 2014, 12:51:42 PM4/22/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
One thing I have noticed is if I run a query and limit the results to a small number then run it on the larger sets the time it takes goes from minutes down to under eight seconds.  What has anyone done to take advantage of the warm cache.  Obviously I would like to be able to get the fast query speed of the warm cache.  Do I just need to run several queries in succession?

Michael Hunger

Apr 22, 2014, 1:41:50 PM4/22/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
If you used order by limit it had to pull through all data anyway even if you just returned a few rows, so your cache is filled and also the JIT got a chance on optimizing byte code. And it built a plan if you used parameters.

For warming up the cache, just run the queries you want to run fast.