Embedded Neo4j Start Error

Jesse Liu

Sep 24, 2015, 3:03:36 AM9/24/15
to Neo4j
Hi, Dear All,

I've use Embedded Neo4j in Java to implement community detection.
Because my community detection algorithm cannot be paralleled, so I have separated 50 sub_graphs in Neo4j. It means that I've 50 graph.db.

And then I will use GraphDatabaseService to start 50 embedded databases with 50 processes (no threads).
I named my 50 graph.db from split0~split50.

However, I've gotten the following error(s), the whole log it's listing as the log file.

#
#
#  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:318), pid=17760, tid=139777490790144
#  guarantee(PageArmed == 0) failed: invariant
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_75-b13) (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.75-b04 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
#

I wonder how I can manage this problem?
Thanks!

hs_err_pid17760.log

Michael Hunger

Sep 24, 2015, 8:24:55 PM9/24/15
to ne...@googlegroups.com
You could just have 50 independent subgraphs in one graph db. Which you then can run a community detection algo per thread and per subgraph.

What config did you pass to the GraphDatabaseFactory?

You might want to set dmbs.pagecache.memory=50M
Also restrict your heap and use cache_type=none

Michael

<hs_err_pid17760.log>