Schema index doesn't slow insertion

Sebastian Puscas

Sep 14, 2016, 4:15:20 AM9/14/16
to Neo4j
Hi all,

I have a feeling something is wrong with my neo4j 3.0.3 because ,when I insert 50 milions of nodes, insertion is constant with or without schema index on the only property.
Values of the properties look something like this : name1, name2 ,name3 ...name50000000 .
Does anybody have any experience on this
?
It would be really helpful

Michael Hunger

Sep 16, 2016, 5:59:19 PM9/16/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Can you share more details on what you do?

do you have a constraint on the label property combination? otherwise teh lookup portion of merge always has to do a full label scan.

Run your merge statement with PROFILE or EXPLAIN and share it with us.