How pipeline strategy used in neo4j

Sun Yuhan

Mar 28, 2018, 12:50:43 AM3/28/18
to Neo4j
If neo4 is given with a Cypher query, such as

match (a:label_a)-->(b:label_b)-->(c:label_c),

assume that the execution plan is matching from left side to right side, the query will be executed in pipelined way, am I right or not?

What if I directly use the neo4j java api to mock the execution procedure of ne4j query executor? What I mean is to fetch all the nodes with label_a, for each node obtained call the method to fetch all the out neighbors with label_b and so on and so forth. Will this also be executed in a pipelined way?