Architecture thoughts and our experiences using Neo4j in high volume OLTP Application

Ajay Mahajan

Apr 22, 2014, 2:01:15 AM4/22/14
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We were working on community edition of neo4j for last 5-6 months to develop a solution that relies on capturing and then mining relations between subject and his surroundings. We went through a lot of learning experiences, which I have summarized in the blog at http://asakta.blogspot.in/2014/04/experiences-using-graph-database-neo4j.html .

To sum it we see challenge is using neo4j for real time high volume write scenarios, but since we wanted to use a graph database due to importance of the relations mining, we have tried few architecture options. This enables us to mine the relationships and achieve high volume handling, but with some trade offs, which may be acceptable for some use cases but not for others.

If there are any suggestions or observations, feel free to comment on the blog or here on this post.

We had a discussion with David Montag, and I take this opportunity to thank him for the suggestions / guidelines that he had provided a month back on this. A lot of architecture thoughts are influenced by his guidelines, neo4j documentation and of course a lot of trial and error :-).

Regards
Ajay Mahajan
Lead Architect
--