Why does latency from neo4j increases when Database size is in large ?

gitansh...@freecharge.com

Aug 22, 2016, 11:05:42 AM8/22/16
to Neo4j
My database has around 15 million nodes.
App server is hitting the database with 3000 parallel threads, earlier the latency from database was in milliseconds, but as increase in DB size, latencies are reaching 10 seconds.
What can be the possible reason for that?

Michael Hunger

Aug 22, 2016, 11:13:08 AM8/22/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Please share the details of what you are running (workload,
statements, query profiles).

Michael

Mattias Persson

Aug 25, 2016, 3:56:31 AM8/25/16
to Neo4j
Perhaps GC? Sounds like far too many threads and things could potentially go a lot faster with fewer threads, something like number of cores on the server or some small multiple of that.