How to handle date range references?

Jason Bonne

Sep 17, 2017, 8:17:54 PM9/17/17
to Neo4j

I’m trying to find the best practice for how to store and then query a event like this. User has purchased 3 items on separate dates.

Over that period there were two events that were held (events added in well after the user purchased the items as a retrospect, so at the time of purchase, event was not known). I’m trying to see how many items were purchased during each event by that user. How should I do that?

One solution but it sounds weird to me: When inserting a event, scan and add a relationship to all vertices that match

enter image description here

Also similarly, if I wanted to comapre how event-1 did against event-2, are those separate queries or is there way to gather that data in one query?