neo4j 3.0.1 [Full GC (Allocation Failure)

kmc...@absolute-performance.com

Aug 25, 2016, 7:15:16 PM8/25/16
to Neo4j
I am using LOAD CSV to update nodes of an existing label. The label contains 4M existing nodes. The CSV file contains 600k rows; some new, some updates.

My Centos 6.x box has 36G of ram. Using the 3.0.1 tuning guide, I have set pagecache to 24G and heap_initial_size/heap_max_size to 8G.

Attached is my cql file. When executing this cql file neo4j consumes heap space until space is exhausted. The query plan (attached) appears to indicate there are no issues so I would expect period commits to re-use heap. I have adjusted pagecache and heap sizes up and down but every load attempts fails when heap is exhausted.

Any ideas or thoughts?
queryInQuestion.txt
queryPlan.txt

Michael Hunger

Aug 25, 2016, 7:17:02 PM8/25/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it's a bug we fixed in 3.0.2 I think.

Please upgrade to 3.0.4

then all of that should go away and you should be able to run your imports with 1-2G heap.

Your page-cahe should be fine around 1-2G you can check your store-file sizes (neostore.*.db)

Michael

<queryInQuestion.txt><queryPlan.txt>