APOC binaries on Github are out of sync with the version described in the documentation

Glenn Hoetker

Nov 26, 2016, 11:33:15 PM11/26/16
to Neo4j
Very, very excited to see the new apoc.export.csv.* commands documented in http://neo4j-contrib.github.io/neo4j-apoc-procedures/#_download_latest_release. However, when I tried to implement them using the binary jar downloaded from http://github.com/neo4j-contrib/neo4j-apoc-procedures/releases/latest, I was frustrated that they didn't work.  Indeed, Neo4j didn't seem to know of them.

A little investigation showed that the documentation appears to refer to version 3.0.4.3 while the binary jar at Github is version 3.0.4.2.   Building and installing the most recent development branch via the directions in the documentation provided version 3.0.4.3 and much, much happiness. There isn't any indication that the documentation refers to just the development branch, so there might be some confusion among users.

Again, great to see the export.csv functionality added. Thanks.

Michael Hunger

Nov 27, 2016, 7:06:09 AM11/27/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Good point, I'll add the project version of the docs to the docs.

We'll think about versioning the docs, unfortunately the GH pages publication is only from the master branch right now.

Michael