Importing data from WARC (WebArchive)

Phaneendra

Jul 3, 2017, 1:18:00 PM7/3/17
to Neo4j
I'm dealing with a not-so-normal use case where data is present in WARC files.
And i want to import the data into Neo4j.

One solution i can think of is to parse the WARC file (some java code to read), then write structured data into CSV so that it can then be loaded using some import tool.

Is extracting into CSV the only option to load data into Neo4j?

Could you give me some advise or best practices on how to go about implementing this use case?

Best,
Phaneendra

Michael Hunger

Jul 3, 2017, 7:26:21 PM7/3/17
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Yes I think that would be the best option.
If you have to load these kinds of files frequently you could just re-use that converter.

Otherwise you could write a user defined procedure for Neo4j in java that can parse the files and makes them available to cypher to create / update graph structures.

Cheers, Michael