neo4j capability for ticketing system requirement

Kyaw Paing

Dec 6, 2016, 7:24:25 AM12/6/16
to Neo4j
Hi all,

I am new to neo4j and it is really amazing. However I am having difficulty deciding whether my requires can be done using neo4j alone.

We have an ongoing system which basically can describe online bus ticketing system where you can search source, destination and dates.
We have

1. "Bus",
2. "City",
3. "Route" - table with Bus, City and Fare
4. "Schedule" - table with route schedules
5. "Booking" - table with booking information including passenger information, schedule, route and bus
6. "BookingWorking" - table with each schedule detail information if there is any booking for the schedule. This contains travelling date, time, bus, route, available seats and so on.

I am wondering if this can be done using only neo4j. We are currently using MSSQL and we are moving out of MS technologies. I'd much appreciate your kind help. Since all about neo4j are new to us, we are trying our best to learn and use it. If you have any direction that we can learn, please help. Thank you.

Ryan

Michael Hunger

Dec 6, 2016, 7:31:04 AM12/6/16
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I think you got a lot of information on the slack channel already, let us know if you need more.