How to connect Microsoft SQL Server directly with Neo4j using ODBC Connection

shivangi gupta

Jun 13, 2018, 3:23:45 PM6/13/18
to Neo4j
Hi All,

I have been working with a project which requires Table of a Microsoft Sql server to be connected to Neo4j directly.
So rather than loading data from CSV I want a dynamic update from SQL Server to Neo4j.

I have looked for it and found a way out from JDBC but not ODBC.

Looking for suggestions how to proceed as I am unable to find resources online.

Thanks

Michael Hunger

Jun 14, 2018, 2:03:50 AM6/14/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, just use JDBC. There are several ways, the Neo4j ETL tool, dedicated ETL like Pentaho Kettle or Talend or the apoc.load.jdbc procedure.

Michael

shivangi gupta

Jul 13, 2018, 12:13:12 PM7/13/18
to Neo4j
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the support. I tried making a connection using Neo4j ETL tool but unable to resole this error.  I have also copied .jar files in plugin folder.If you could help me resolving this error.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:23 PM, shivangi gupta <shivang...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have been working with a project which requires Table of a Microsoft Sql server to be connected to Neo4j directly.
So rather than loading data from CSV I want a dynamic update from SQL Server to Neo4j.

I have looked for it and found a way out from JDBC but not ODBC.

Looking for suggestions how to proceed as I am unable to find resources online.

Thanks

Michael Hunger

Jul 16, 2018, 6:08:51 AM7/16/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com, Umar Muzammil, Alberto De Lazzari
Perhaps you can try what was suggested here (although it is a bit odd):

shivangi gupta

Jul 17, 2018, 4:30:27 PM7/17/18
to Neo4j
Finally I am able to connect my Database. But I wan to import data and create graph based on only one table not all tables. In the demo its shown that the schema contains of many tables and all tables have relationships and thus data is imported. But how to create a graph database only from importing a single table from that schema?

Michael Hunger

Jul 17, 2018, 6:58:57 PM7/17/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
That's much easier, you can just use apoc.load.jdbc for that purpose.

For neo4j-etl there is also a command line version which allows you to include/exclude single tables.

You see the commands called in the log window.

Michael

shivangi gupta

Jul 18, 2018, 11:04:53 AM7/18/18
to Neo4j
Could you please verify the statement below for apoc.load

Michael Hunger

Jul 18, 2018, 2:15:41 PM7/18/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
if the JDBC URL is correct.
you have to put the JDBC driver into your plugins directory.

alberto....@larus-ba.it

Jul 25, 2018, 7:36:10 PM7/25/18
to Neo4j
Hi Shivangi,
according to the error reported by the ETL tool it seems that the driver you're using is old, you should use 6.x version of the driver.
Is there a particular reason for using 4.2?

Thanks