Label taxonomy? Or define hierarchy with properties?

已查看 21 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Adrian Snell

未读,
2018年1月18日 18:29:202018/1/18
收件人 Neo4j
Hi guys,
I'm coming from RDF and trying to learn LPG or property graphs. I've spent some time searching and still do not have a good answer yet to this, so apologies if this has already been answered!
My ontology has a taxonomy of several levels of hierarchical classes, with instances associated in each, such that:

rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:subClassOf D
Where A,B,C,D are all type owl:Class
[For example, A=Animal; B=Land Animal; C=Dog; D=Poodle]

Now Instances:
rdf:type C
rdf:type D
G rdf:type D

And A and B have no Instances.

How is the best way to represent this example in LPG?

I understand I can create 3 nodes for the instances E-G, and assign multiple labels to them that correspond to the labels for A-D (So F would have 4 labels that correspond to A-D). If I did that, how do you assert the hierarchy of those Labels?
Or, another way I've seen, possibly, is to create 4 nodes for the classes A-D, then connect them with "IsA" or "PartOf" property to assert their hierarchy. Then, create another set of 3 nodes for the Instances E-G, then connect them to the appropriate A-D node with another property such as "Contains" or something. So the first option has 3 nodes, the second option has 7.

Any insight will be very helpful. Thank you!

Michael Hunger

未读,
2018年1月19日 15:54:362018/1/19
收件人 ne...@googlegroups.com
Adrian, was your question answered sufficiently on neo4j.com/slack ?

Michael

回复全部
回复作者
转发