Finding history of parents in a Tree structure that supports reparenting

Sibin Jos k

Nov 3, 2016, 8:59:43 AM11/3/16
to Neo4j

In my application, I have a use case where I need to maintain a tree hierarchy of entities. I have to  figure out the parents of an entity at any level. All the parents from root level to the immediate parent.

I believe this could be a straight forward scenario in neo4j, But my use case is a a bit complex than this.

My application support re-parenting , ie I can replace the parent with another parent in the tree structure.  But when I query , I need the all historical parents of a entity in the Tree, as well as the information like time periods (start, end time ) for whic a entity was a parent for this.

Is it possible achieve this functionality with neo4j.

Thanks
Sibin